Santa Cruz Indymedia : http://santacruz.indymedia.org
Home
Santa Cruz Indymedia

Articles

Commentary :: Alternative Media : Media Criticism

Pacifica Radio: FREEDOM TO SPEAK LARRY BENSKY'S LANGUAGE!

Many people in the KPFA listener community in the San Francisco Bay Area have asked me, Joseph Anderson, for a copy of my UC Berkeley "Daily Californian" newspaper guest column on Pacifica Radio's KPFA character Larry Bensky. At the time of its original publication, I knew nothing about Bensky other than how he came across on the air. I guess it is time for a confirming retrospective. Bensky hasn't changed a bit. This was written during the Pacifica Radio crisis of 1999, when Bensky was fired (thanks to *me*, now it can be told!). I immediately notified and talked to Mary Berry, then, about his insubordination and symbolically offered to let her have Bensky in exchange for Pacifica Radio back. But, it was still nice to have someone Black shut *Bensky* up!

Read the full article...   (1 comment)

LOCAL Announcement :: Alternative Media : Arts & Culture : Gender & Sexuality

Emma, a Play by Howard Zinn, at the Monterey Bay World Theater

Emma Goldman... an activist for Free Speech, Anarchism, Women’s Rights, Draft Resistance, Worker’s Rights, and Free Love.

Come share the experiences of early 1900's Anarchists struggling for a people's revolution, risking everything against the suppression of the state and the ruling class in a society where dissent was deemed criminal (seems like times haven't changed that much).

Participate in the re-telling of stories written out of high school history books and fight for people's histories to be heard.

The play will be presented on November 12, 13, 14, 16 and 17 at the Monterey Bay World Theater in Seaside.

Read the full article...   (2 comments)

LOCAL Announcement :: Alternative Media : Education & Youth : Resistance & Tactics

Watsonville Brown Berets Liberation School

EVERY THURSDAY FROM 4:OO TO 7:00 PM
At the Watsonville Brown Beret Meeting Location 416 Main Street, Suite 408 Downstairs, behind the Luttnich (Ritmo Latino) Building

Read the full article...   (2 comments)

News :: Alternative Media

Henry Norr on KPFA interview of zionist Alan Dershowitz

News :: Alternative Media

PUBLIC FORUM: KPFA/Pacifica - Democracy Deferred?

The historic victory achieved by KPFA listeners hangs in the balance. Once again, listeners must come to the rescue. A panel of the "banned and fired," current programmers, board members and community members, followed by an open-mike session, will address questions and propose solutions to protect the nation's only independent radio network.

Calendar

No events for this day.

view calendar week
add an event

Views

Media Centers

Syndication feeds

Account Login

This site made manifest by dadaIMC software