Santa Cruz Indymedia : http://santacruz.indymedia.org
Home
Santa Cruz Indymedia

Articles

LOCAL Commentary :: Alternative Media : Labor & Economics : Poverty & Urban Development

Why is the Comic News Accepting Corporate Advertising?

After reading the recent article about KUSP and CalAm Ads I got to wondering.

Read the full article...   (5 comments)

LOCAL Announcement :: Alternative Media : Arts & Culture

SPECIAL rescreening of The Third Man and benefit for RGS

This is a special rescreening of the only film we've had interrupted by the authorities! If you've never seen the Third Man, you need to. If you've only seen half of this film at GDI, now is your chance.

This is Rico's candidate for best film ever made. Great filmmaking in glorious black and white, a twisting plot, a haunting setting in post-war Vienna, Orson Wells, and fantastic zither music by Anton Karas.

Read the full article...   (2 comments)

Commentary :: Alternative Media : Education & Youth : Labor & Economics

Online music stores: a new way to "rip" you off

"I don't want to single out Apple. Wal-Mart, MusicMatch, Sony and RealNetworks operate online music stores with rules and restrictions of their own. ... Major players in the digital music field are all trying to lock you in so that they can extort money from you for the rest of your life." This article covers the disadvantages of online music stores and the advantages of ordinary CDs. It provides tips for getting your CD collection onto your digital music player. It also offers advice about choosing a digital music player, whether you have $99 or $499 to spend.

Read the full article...   (4 comments)

Commentary :: Alternative Media : Education & Youth : Labor & Economics

Online music stores: a new way to "rip" you off

cdmoney.jpg"I don't want to single out Apple. Wal-Mart, MusicMatch, Sony and RealNetworks operate online music stores with rules and restrictions of their own. ... Major players in the digital music field are all trying to lock you in so that they can extort money from you for the rest of your life." This article covers the disadvantages of online music stores and the advantages of ordinary CDs. It provides tips for getting your CD collection onto your digital music player. It also offers advice about choosing a digital music player, whether you have $99 or $499 to spend.

Read the full article...

News :: Alternative Media

July 4--random historical events

I tried to think of things that have happened, or will happen on July 4th that don't have to do with fireworks, hot dogs, the first american bullfight, or the declaration of independence. These are random musings...

Read the full article...

Calendar

No events for this day.

view calendar week
add an event

Views

Media Centers

Syndication feeds

Account Login

This site made manifest by dadaIMC software