Santa Cruz Indymedia : http://santacruz.indymedia.org
Home
Santa Cruz Indymedia

Articles

News :: Police State

Letter from SHU Prisoner at Pelican Bay

You will find this pretty interesting!!
As you well know Ray is locked up at Pelican Bay
S.H.U., the time that he does spent outside in another hole is so minimal that all he has is wasted time. In order to stay SANE he either draws or reads and one being Trend Kaufman I have forward my brother letter and I did not add or take anything out exactly how you read it is how it came. I want their stories exposed by who
better than a liberal org. than you guys let me know if you do okay thanks so much.

Read the full article...

News :: Civil & Human Rights : Peace & War : Police State

The Death of Sgt. Van Dale Todd

Are Iraq veterans going to be treated the way Vietnam veterans were?

Read the full article...

News :: Civil & Human Rights : Peace & War : Police State

Anti-terrorist fence is saving lives

This report is from the Israeli government and was distributed on July 5, 2004. It documents the number of Israelis killed or wounded in attacks originating from the West Bank for 2003 and 2004. The data is further divided by those areas that are behind the completed portions of Israel's controversial security fence and those who were in areas where the fence has not yet been completed. The results are better than anyone could have imagined. So far, for 2004 there have been NO DEATHS and NO ONE INJURED for those areas where the fence has been completed. I don't like the wall/fence/barrier. I wish there was no need for it. I would greatly have preferred a politial and negotiated end to the conflict, but I realize the need for it exists to save lives. Perhaps some day the barrier can come down. I really think it is up to the Palestinian people to vanquish the terror groups that are operating within their midst and cynically recruiting their own children to be used in propaganda wars against Israel.

For peace activists who pray for a day when the violence will end, this should be good news. A passive resistance method does seem to be working to end the violence. Furthermore, with the fence up, many of the IDF checkpoint within the West Bank can be dismantled allowing Palestinians more freedom of movement within their communities.

I welcome anyone to post any data that refutes this data or can show that this data is in error.

Read the full article...   (8 comments)

News :: Alternative Media : Alternative Media : Animal Rights : Arts & Culture : Civil & Human Rights : Education & Youth : Education & Youth : Environment & Food : Gender & Sexuality : Gender & Sexuality : Globalization & Capitalism : Government & Elections : Health & Drugs : Labor & Economics : Peace & War : Police State : Police State : Poverty & Urban Development : Poverty & Urban Development : Resistance & Tactics : Sister Cities : Transportation

meccaforpeace.org

meccaforpeace.org

Read the full article...

News :: Alternative Media : Alternative Media : Animal Rights : Arts & Culture : Civil & Human Rights : Education & Youth : Education & Youth : Environment & Food : Gender & Sexuality : Gender & Sexuality : Globalization & Capitalism : Government & Elections : Health & Drugs : Labor & Economics : Peace & War : Police State : Police State : Poverty & Urban Development : Poverty & Urban Development : Resistance & Tactics : Sister Cities : Transportation

meccaforpeace.org

meccaforpeace.org

Read the full article...

Calendar

No events for this day.

view calendar week
add an event

Views

Media Centers

Syndication feeds

Account Login

This site made manifest by dadaIMC software