Santa Cruz Indymedia : http://santacruz.indymedia.org
Home
Santa Cruz Indymedia

Articles

News :: Police State

ANOTHER PERVERTED COP

YO------I COULDN'T MAKE THIS KIND OF STUFF UP IF I TRIED.SO NOW YOU HAVE THIS LAW ENFORCEMENT CREEP TRYING TO HOOK UP WITH A 13 YEAR OLD GIRL...."YOUR" POLICE AT WORK

Read the full article...

LOCAL Announcement :: Police State

Critical Resistance Santa Cruz County!

Are you an organizer? A participant? Do you have IDEAS? Are you interested in learning more about the prison industrial complex? Are you already doing work on prison issues? Do you want to start working on prison issues?
WE NEED YOU!

Read the full article...

LOCAL Commentary :: Civil & Human Rights : Police State : Poverty & Urban Development : Resistance & Tactics

Journey of Hope in Monterey

Abe Bonowitz, Bill Pelke, and Juan Melendez are on a Journey of Hope, travelling around the country speaking out and educating people about the reality of capital punishment. Bill Pelke lost his grandmom to a brutal murder and initially sought her killer's execution, but he had an epiphany and now works against the death pewnalty. Juan Meledez spent 17 years, 8 months and a day on Florida's death row for a crime he did not commit. He was set free in January 2002. Juan has become an activist, working to end capital punishment. Abe Bonowitz, is with Citizens United Against the Death Penalty. The trio was in Monterey, CA on Valentine's Day for a conference of defense attorneys. This recording is the full, event, as recorded. Unfortunately after Bill Pelke's talk, my batteret was low, so I switched it, but Abe Bonowitz began talking before my recorder started up again. About two minutes are lost.

[ Listen to the Stream or Download the mp3 ]

Read the full article...

Interview :: Police State : Resistance & Tactics

Interview about Camillo Vivieras

An interview on Free Radio Santa Cruz with Lori of Friends of Camillo. Camillo Vivieras is charged with felony assault on an officer and is facing 15 to 40 years in prison if convicted. Charges are stemming from the protests at the RNC in Philadelphia in 2000. Camillo and witnesses to his arrest, say that he is innocent and was assaulted by police. He goes to court in April of 2004. 17:43

[ Listen to the Stream or Download the mp3 ]

Read the full article...

LOCAL News :: Police State

DON’T GET DRUNK IN FRESNO!

A new proposal in Fresno calls for an outdoor drunk tank operated by an evangelical Christian group

Read the full article...   (2 comments)

Calendar

No events for this day.

view calendar week
add an event

Views

Media Centers

Syndication feeds

Account Login

This site made manifest by dadaIMC software