Santa Cruz Indymedia : http://santacruz.indymedia.org
Home
Santa Cruz Indymedia

Features

News :: Peace & War

Peace and Anti-War Vigil Draws Hundreds

On January 29 approximately 300 people attended a peace vigil and anti-war demonstration at the Santa Cruz clock tower in response to George Bush's MisState of the Union. The demonstration was in solidarity with United For Peace who have put out a call to action.

[ Photos from Clock Tower I Audio I United For Peace ]

More...

Announcement :: Peace & War

Jan.18: Protest Bush's Racist War!

Hundreds of thousands of people are expected to participate in anti-war protests during the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday week to commemorate Dr. King's legacy of organizing against war and militarism, racism, poverty and injustice.

[ Carpool to SF I Environmentalists Against War I SF-IMC Support ]

More...

Peace Movement Continues to Grow

"We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people." --Martin Luther King, Jr.

[ Naked Peace at Bonny Doon Beach I Peace Friday Video and Photos I Peace Friday Article and More Photos ]

More...

Santa Cruz Marches Against War

Santa Cruz residents pile out by the busload to say no to Bush's oil war.

[ Full Story I Video ]

More...

Anti-War Banners Over Highway 17

In a two-pronged attack, anti-war demonstrators hung banners from both Mt. Hermon Rd and Scotts Valley Drive overpasses in the town of Scotts Valley for northbound 17 commuters in the early morning of Tuesday Dec 4th around 7:30a. The combined message was "Are you buying this war?" and then a mile later.. "At what cost?", with a face or skull with its mouth taped shut, and an American flag hung right next to it. At 8am, one CalTrans truck was seen parked near the 1st sign. By 9p later that night, the two signs asking questions had been removed by someone, while the American flag was left in place. Who removed the question banners, on what grounds, and why they left the 3rd banner (the American flag) could not be determined. Did CalTrans do it, and if so why are they enforcing whatever law only against the politically INcorrect banners when their job is supposed to be road and highway maintenance, not political censorship?

Article and Photo

More...

Articles

Commentary :: Civil & Human Rights : Government & Elections : Peace & War : Police State : Resistance & Tactics

Populist #14

Deficiencies of Our Current Federal System, continued

Read the full article...

LOCAL News :: Alternative Media : Civil & Human Rights : Government & Elections : Peace & War : Police State

Military Department of California Has Visited This Site

They've been all over the videocop-related stories. I hoped they have enjoyed themselves. I'm publishing their complete internet dossier for all to see who is monitoring US when we excercise our rights as citizens and human beings.

Read the full article...   (7 comments)

LOCAL Announcement :: Alternative Media : Civil & Human Rights : Globalization & Capitalism : Media Criticism : Peace & War

Chat Anyone? Dahr Jamail is on his way to Santa Cruz..

I noticed there were a dozen people online: and somehow the tally of stories read wasn't increasing. So if you people do nothing else, how about a chat? Just make up any nickname, and you're in.
Nick Name:
Dahr Jamail is coming to UCSC in about 4 hours, that's something to chat about...

Read the full article...   (1 comment)

LOCAL News :: Education & Youth : Globalization & Capitalism : Peace & War : Resistance & Tactics

FSRN: UC Students Against War

US military recruiters, who were forced out of a UC Santa Cruz job fair by a rowdy demonstration six months ago, returned to the campus for the first time Tuesday, amid loud, disruptive protests. But as FSRN's Vinny Lombbardo reports, UC officials were determined to prevent another shut down of the campus job fair. 3:58

Read the full article...

LOCAL News :: Education & Youth : Gender & Sexuality : Peace & War : Resistance & Tactics

SAW Press Release: Students Greet Military with Rally and Queer Kiss-In

Read the full article...

Calendar

No events for this day.

view calendar week
add an event

Views

Media Centers

Syndication feeds

Account Login

This site made manifest by dadaIMC software