Santa Cruz Indymedia : http://santacruz.indymedia.org
Home
Santa Cruz Indymedia

Articles

News :: Health & Drugs

MARC EMERY - Escape to Canada

MARC EMERY SPEAKS AT WORLD PREMIERE OF FILM ESCAPE TO CANADA
“ESCAPE TO CANADA? highlights the issue of Americans leaving their country to seek freedom in Canada. Canadian cannabis activist Marc Emery is currently facing extradition to the US to face a sentence of 10 years to LIFE IMPRISONMENT for selling marijuana seeds to American customers.

Read the full article...   (1 comment)

News :: Civil & Human Rights : Health & Drugs : Police State

AUDIO: Interview from 'Dome City' with Josh from New Orleans

insidearena_9-17-05.jpgOn September 17, I spoke with Josh from New Orleans. He was sitting on a curb outside of Reliant Arena in Houston, Texas. Reliant Arena is a building next to the Astrodome and has been considered a part of 'Dome City.' Our interview begins with Josh explaining that he could get arrestted that night just for talking to me and giving me a recorded interview. (42:22 minutes / 19.4 MB)

Audio: Download the mp3 or Download the torrent

Read the full article...

News :: Civil & Human Rights : Health & Drugs : Police State

No Compassion at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston

turnedaway_9-17-05.jpgOn Saturday September 17, Vinny and I were on our way to the Reliant Arena, but we got a little lost in the sprawling city of Houston, Texas so we made our way to the George R. Brown Convention Center first. This convention center is next to the new baseball stadium where tens of thousands of people were watching an Astros game. Nobody seemed to care that in the building next to the baseball stadium, more than a thousand people still struggling to survive the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

Read the full article...   (3 comments)

Commentary :: Civil & Human Rights : Globalization & Capitalism : Government & Elections : Health & Drugs

Killing Americans By Health Care Policy

Read the full article...

News :: Health & Drugs : Poverty & Urban Development : Resistance & Tactics

AUDIO: Common Ground Wellness Center in Algiers, New Orleans

herbs_9-14-05.jpgOn September 14, I visited the Common Ground Wellness Center at 1401 Teche St. in Algiers, New Orleans and had the opportunity to speak with Noah, a volunteer medic from Providence, Rhode Island. (22:02 minutes / 9.4 MB)

Audio Interview: Download the mp3 or Download the torrent

Audio PSA: Download the mp3

Read the full article...

Calendar

No events for this day.

view calendar week
add an event

Views

Media Centers

Syndication feeds

Account Login

This site made manifest by dadaIMC software